Coach Requirements for 2019 Fall League (U6-U14)
Coaching requirements vary slightly depending on what type of team you are coaching. Please read the information below CAREFULLY to make sure you complete all the requirements for your team. Please only complete these requirements after speaking with your club coordinator.
No adult will be allowed to coach until they have completed all the below requirements and both the concussion training and child abuse prevention training certificates have been uploaded into their Affinity account.
IF YOU COACHED IN THE SPRING/SUMMER SEASON FOR GITCHI GUMMI, EAST SELECT, OR AN ARROWHEAD CLUB AND RECEIVED A PASS FROM AYSA, YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE THESE REQUIREMENTS AGAIN THIS YEAR. YOU ARE APPROVED AND READY FOR THE SEASON.
STEP 1: ALL COACHES MUST COMPLETE THE CDC CONCUSSION TRAINING EVERY THREE YEARS
Minnesota State Law and MYSA Policy require that all adult participants complete the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s HEADS UP Concussion Training every three years.
- If you have completed the training in the last two years but do not have access to your certificate, you will have to re-complete the concussion training.
- Save your certificate at the end of the training! You will need to upload that to your Affinity Account in Step 4.
STEP 2: ALL COACHES MUST COMPLETE CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION TRAINING EACH YEAR
You only need to complete one of the two trainings below. Please read carefully so you complete the proper training.
If your team is a fall league team (U6-U14) and will not participate in a fall MYSA sanctioned tournament (this is the majority of teams):
You can complete the Trusted Coaches Child Safety Training Course. This 30-minute training fulfills the requirement for the recreational coach that does not plan to coach a competitive or tournament team this year. To access the Trusted Coaches training for recreational coaches, click on the AYSA coaches coupon code here: 114572_011619saz. You will create an account with Trusted Coaches and then be able to complete the training.
If your team will be participating in a fall MYSA sanctioned tournament (contact club coordinator if you are unsure):
You must complete the U.S. Soccer Safe Sport Training. This training is about two hours long and is required of all MYSA competitive coaches or coaches that will participate in an MYSA event (tournament). The training is being offered free of charge through U.S. Soccer’s on-boarding link and access code. Please email AYSA (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your club coordinator for the link and access code (we are not allowed to publicly post link on our website).
STEP 3: ALL COACHES MUST COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK EVERY CALENDAR YEAR AND CREATE AN AFFINITY ACCOUNT
Minnesota State Law and MYSA Policy require that all adults ages 18 years or older have an approved background check before they participate in any MYSA activity. Please follow the link below to complete your 2019 background check through the Affinity platform before your first interaction with your team.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE SELECT ARROWHEAD AS YOUR CLUB.
- If you coached last year you will use the same Affinity account that you have used in the past to complete the background check.
- Can’t remember your username/password from last year? There is a forgot password option.
- Still having problems? Contact AYSA at email@example.com.
STEP 4: ALL COACHES MUST UPLOAD CONCUSSION AND CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION TRAINING CERTIFICATES TO THEIR AFFINITY ACCOUNT.
Upon completion of each training, you will receive a certificate of completion that must be uploaded into your Affinity account for your club to validate. Save each certificate as a PDF or JPG directly from the training portals. Follow the steps below to upload your certificates to your account:
- Login to your Affinity account here. (Hint: this is the same account you created for the Background Check above in Step 3)
- Go to your Certificates tab.
- Click on the appropriate box to upload your file.
- Click “Choose File” and choose the appropriate certificate to upload.
- Click on the green “Upload Image” button. The pop-up box will close and your certificate will replace the generic upload certificate picture that was previously in the box.
Once all the above steps are complete, you should receive an approved coach pass via email from AYSA. This coach pass must be on you at all games either a printed copy in your coach bag or from your cell phone (via email or a picture of your coach pass).
Again, no adult will be allowed to coach until they have completed all the above requirements and the concussion and child abuse prevention training certificates have been uploaded into their Affinity account.
Having difficulties completing any of the above requirements? Contact AYSA and a staff member should be able to assist you.