With the increasing number of cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) being reported across the world, AYSA’s leadership will continue to monitor the situation closely. We will be following local city and state government agencies as well as Minnesota Youth Soccer Association’s response regarding soccer games and other AYSA events.
AYSA Fall League season has officially been cancelled. Coordinators will send information out to those players and families that have registered in the next few days. Please see our statement at the bottom of this page that was sent out to club coordinators.
Sessions 2, 3, and 4 of our Summer Little NetBusters program have been cancelled for the summer. An email will be sent to registered participants by July 2 regarding full refunds.
All board meetings are cancelled until further notice. All coordinator meetings are cancelled until further notice. All communication with coordinators will be via email.
Our main priority is the safety and well-being of our players, coaches and referees and we will continue to update you as the situation requires.
A Reminder of Best Practices for Health:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Letter of Cancellation for Fall League U6-U14
It is with profound sadness that we announce that AYSA will not offer Fall League soccer this August and September due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
At AYSA our mission is to offer youth soccer opportunities in a safe, fun, and nurturing environment. At this time we cannot say with confidence that we can create a safe environment for kids to play. We also take very seriously our responsibility to our coaches, officials, and fans. Soccer is a group activity and a contact sport, and we feel that we cannot offer a game schedule while following the two most important and consistent recommendations of health experts; social distancing and facial coverings. We are therefore canceling our U6-U14 Fall League season for 2020.
We understand the tremendous value of youth sports, and we know that this decision means a great loss to the kids and families in our soccer community. We are committed to getting kids back on the pitch as soon as we feel we can provide a safe environment for games. Please continue to check the AYSA website for updates as we work to design safe opportunities for kids to play soccer.