AYSA’s leadership will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. We will be following local city and state government agencies as well as Minnesota Youth Soccer Association’s response regarding soccer games and other AYSA events.
We will be following all state guidelines and want to give the most up-to-date information as possible. Information regarding Covid-19 procedures and protocols for team practices will be available to club coordinators in mid-March. As guidelines change/update over time, we hope to update clubs as soon as we can with any changes that impact their club/teams/families. These protocols and procedures are new to everyone, including us, so please be patient as we work to keep our soccer community safe. If you have any questions, you can email Julien Bratek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All board meetings are currently being held virtually until further notice. If you would like more information, please contact Julien Bratek at email@example.com.
To view our AYSA Preparedness Plan, click here.
Our main priority is the safety and well-being of our players, coaches and referees and we will continue to update you as the situation requires.
A Reminder of Best Practices for Health:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.