With the increasing number of cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) being reported across the world, AYSA’s leadership will continue to monitor the situation closely. We will be following local city and state government agencies as well as Minnesota Youth Soccer Association’s response regarding soccer games and other AYSA events.
The Kick it Forward Indoor Soccer Tournament on March 29th is cancelled.
Our main priority is the safety and well-being of our players, coaches and referees and we will continue to update you as the situation requires.
A Reminder of Best Practices for Health:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.