THANK YOU FOR COACHING! WE APPRECIATE YOU GIVING YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS TO THE AYSA SOCCER COMMUNITY!
Please read the information below CAREFULLY to make sure you complete all the requirements for your team. Requirements can vary slightly depending on what type of team you are coaching.
Please only complete these requirements after speaking with your club coordinator.
No adult will be allowed to coach until they have completed all the steps below.
STEP 1: ALL COACHES MUST COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK EVERY CALENDAR YEAR AND CREATE A U.S. SOCCER CONNECT ACCOUNT.
Minnesota State Law and MYSA Policy require that all adults ages 18 years or older have an approved background check before they participate in any MYSA activity. Please follow the link below to complete your 2021 background check through the US Soccer Connect (Affinity) platform before your first interaction with your team. U.S. Soccer Connect is the new name for the Affinity Sports platform.
HERMANTOWN, TWO HARBORS, AND GRAND RAPIDS COACHES: PLEASE SELECT ARROWHEAD AS YOUR ONLY MYSA CLUB.
- If you coached previously you will use the same account that you have used in the past to complete the background check.
- Can’t remember your username/password from last year? There is a forgot password option.
- Still having problems? Contact AYSA at email@example.com.
STEP 2: ALL COACHES MUST COMPLETE THE CDC CONCUSSION TRAINING EVERY THREE YEARS
Minnesota State Law and MYSA Policy require that all adult participants complete concussion training every three years. The Centers for Disease Control provides the HEADS UP to Youth Sports: Online Training.
- New registration process in 2021. If you need help, we have created an instructions document here: HEADS UP to Youth Sports Concussion Training Instructions
- If you have completed the training in the last two years (2019 or 2020) and have a current certificate uploaded in your U.S. Soccer Connect (Affinity) account, you do not need to re-complete the training for this season.
- If you do not have a current certificate uploaded on your U.S. Soccer Connect (Affinity) account or do not have access to your valid certificate, you will have to re-complete the training.
- Save your certificate at the end of the training! You will need to upload that to your U.S. Soccer Connect (Affinity) account in Step 4.
STEP #3: ALL COACHES MUST COMPLETE CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION TRAINING EVERY YEAR.
Federal Law and Minnesota Youth Soccer Association now require that all adult participants complete child abuse prevention training. You only need to complete 1 of the 2 trainings below. Most rec coaches complete the first training but check with your club coordinator if you are unsure.
TRAINING OPTION #1 – You are coaching an AYSA recreational team and WILL NOT participate in a summer tournament:
You can complete the Trusted Coaches Child Safety Training Course. This 30-minute training fulfills the requirement for the recreational coach that does not plan to coach a competitive or tournament team this year. To access the Trusted Coaches training for recreational coaches:
- Go to trustedcoaches.org.
- Log in or Register
- Click ‘Claim a Role/Join a Season’ button
- Enter information below:
State: Minnesota (even if you are a team coach from Superior)
Organization: Arrowhead Youth Soccer Association
Season Name: AYSA SUMMER LEAGUE
Season Access Key: AYSASUMMER21
For technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-746-1719 (Mon-Fri – 9am-5pm)
*Save your certificate at the end of the training. You will need it in Step #4.
TRAINING OPTION #2 – You are coaching a team that WILL be participating in a summer tournament:
You must complete the U.S. Soccer SafeSport Training.
New Coaches – This is about a two and a half hour interactive training provided by U.S. Soccer.
Returning Coaches – Returning coaches are required to take a short refresher course (about 40 minutes total) through the same link. Use your login information from last season (the link will prompt you to create a new account. Cancel out of the initial screen and it will ask for your login information).
This training is being offered free of charge through U.S. Soccer’s onboarding link and access code. Follow the link below to access this training. Do not post this link publicly on any website or other internet forum.
ACCESS CODE: contact AYSA or club coordinator (we are not allowed to post this on our website)
*Save your certificate at the end of the training. You may need it in Step #4.
STEP 4: UPLOAD TRAINING CERTIFICATES FROM STEPS #2 and #3
Upon completion of both trainings in Step #2 and #3 above you will receive a certificate that must be uploaded into your Affinity account for your club to validate. Save each certificate as a PDF or JPG directly from the training portals. Follow the steps below to upload your certificates to your account:
(Hint: this is the same account you created for the MYSA Background Check above in Step #1)
- Go to your Certificates tab.
- Click on the appropriate box to upload your file (both the Concussion Certificate and SafeSport Certificate must be uploaded if they are not present). Do not worry about uploading your Driver’s License or PACT Certificate.
- Click “Choose File” and choose the appropriate certificate to upload.
- Click on the green “Upload Image” button. The pop-up box will close and your certificate will replace the generic upload certificate picture that was previously in the box.
STEP #5: UPLOAD COACH PASS PHOTO
This step is only required if your team is going to a tournament.
(Hint: this is the same account you created for the MYSA Background Check above)
- Click on the gray silhouette to add a photo or click on the Update Photo link below the picture.
- Click on the appropriate box to upload your file.
- Click “Choose File” and choose the appropriate photo to upload.
*Once a photo is uploaded, it cannot be removed. Be sure you select the correct file. If you do upload an incorrect photo, contact AYSA to remove the photo. If you already have an existing photo and would like to replace it with an updated photo, contact AYSA.
No adult will be allowed to coach until they have completed all the above requirements and the concussion and child abuse prevention training certificates have been uploaded into their Affinity account.
Having difficulties completing any of the above requirements? Contact AYSA and a staff member should be able to assist you.